Twitter, Shell Fall Premarket; Pinterest Rises
Stock Markets 53 minutes ago (Oct 06, 2022 08:39AM ET)
By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Thursday, October 6th. Please refresh for updates.
- Peloton Interactive Inc (NASDAQ:) shares moved 0.6% higher in volatile premarket dealmaking after the exercise equipment maker reportedly told staff that it plans to slash 500 jobs in a bid to restructure the business.
- Twitter Inc (NYSE:) shares slumped 2.1% in early hours trading as the drama over Elon Musk’s $44 billion proposed buyout of the social platform, with negotiators reportedly hashing out the details of purchase.
- Shell (NYSE:) stock fell 5.4% after the energy giant warned that lower refining margins will hit third-quarter earnings.
- Conagra (NYSE:) stock rose 0.6% after the food producer posted better-than-expected and backed its annual outlook.
- Pinterest Inc (NYSE:) shares jumped 5.6% after Goldman Sachs upgraded its rating of the image-sharing business to “buy” from “neutral.”
- Compass Inc (NYSE:) shares surged 5.9% after a report emerged that Vista Equity Partners is seeking to take the real estate firm private.
- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (NASDAQ:) shares moved 3.1% higher after Goldman Sachs analysts raised their rating for the videogame maker to “buy” from “neutral.”